Wayne is a small town 15 miles west of Augusta. The town was incorporated in 1798 and named after Revolutionary War General Anthony Wayne.
The town is located near excellent restaurants, a world class Shakespearean Theater, mountains, whitewater rafting, and many other adventures. Visitors will find a classic New England Village with two churches, one library, a recreation center, a general store and a corner store, and specialty shops.
During the summertime, Wayne’s population doubles with people from all over the world visiting to swim and sail in the seven lakes in ponds, pick strawberries and blueberries, eat locally sourced food, and enjoy small town life in Maine.
Town of Wayne