Summer “Travel” RN: Nothing beats SUMMERTIME in Maine!
If you’ve ever spent time in Maine, you know that we LIVE for summertime here. Why not come enjoy what Maine has to offer and get paid GENEROUSLY while you’re here? Central Maine is a great location to be close to it all: the lakes and mountains of Northern Maine, the quaint seaside towns of Midcoast & Downeast Maine, and miles & miles of beaches.
We are offering an exciting temporary opportunity for an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to join the MaineGeneral Health system. The Per Diem Internal Traveler Float Pool RN works at least 1 shift per week on an assigned med surg unit from May through August 29, 2020 with the opportunity to stay per diem with MaineGeneral when the assignment is completed. Schedule, shift, and work location can change every 6 weeks. Positions come with very generous pay differentials comparable to traveler pay.
- Flexibility to work as little as 1 shift or as much as 3+ shifts per week
- Differentials comparable to traveler pay
- Opportunity to work in our state-of-the-art medical center
- Robust Employee Wellness Program
- Growth opportunities within the organization
- Dedication to employee safety, wellness and work/life balance
- Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psycho social support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
- Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Active Maine RN licensure or ability to obtain same in a timely fashion
- At least 2 years of previous acute Med Surg experience, required
- Willingness to work as scheduled within the MaineGeneral Health system
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action
For a complete list of openings and to apply please visit www.mainegeneral.org/careers
Have questions? Contact our recruitment team at