MaineGeneral has an outstanding opportunity for a full time Master Mechanic. The individual in this role will evaluate equipment operations problems and take appropriate action to return equipment to its normal operating condition. Other tasks for this position include monitor building systems operations to ensure their normal functioning, respond to emergency calls and reported malfunctions on mechanical, electrical or utility systems.
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications.
- Completes work orders and/or service logs for equipment repairs and takes inventory of repair parts/supplies.
- Plans installations by studying blueprints and work sketches to determine resources needed for job or project.
- Performs testing of systems to evaluate their performance.
- Assists with coordinating services, prioritizing assignments and workflow, and promoting situational decision making/problem solving.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Maine state licensure as Master Plumber and Propane/Natural Gas Technician required.
- Maine state licensure as Boiler Operator preferred.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Universal Refrigeration Certification preferred.
- Building Management System experience, preferably Siemens
- Medical Gas Certified (ASSE 6040) preferred but can be attained within 8 months of employment
- Valid state driver's license required with acceptable driving record.
- Must be able work independently and exercise independent judgment to solve problems
For a complete list of openings and to apply please visit www.mainegeneral.org/careers
Have questions? Contact our recruitment team at