MaineGeneral Health is offering an exciting opportunity for a Medical Assistant to join our team! We are also looking for candidates with a high degree of professionalism, strong communication skills, a positive attitude and proven record of reliability. Our medical assistants work one on one with a provider to enhance patient care and wellness through rooming and obtaining vital signs, reconciling the medical record, tracking preventative care records, and triaging patient calls. This position requires a positive attitude to contribute to the team spirit within the practice.
- Facilitates the patient flow through the practice by anticipating patient and provider needs and coordinating exam room availability, visit schedule and visit type.
- Provides documentation of patient care in accordance with regulatory requirements, quality initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Uses electronic or other medical record systems and multiple computer applications.
- Prepares patients for provider visits by collecting patient data according to patient care guidelines.
- Prepares patients for procedures appropriate to the specialty.
- Administers treatments and assists with provider performed procedures per patient care guidelines under the supervision of the provider.
- May support providers in patient requests and needs for refills of medications.
- Assists in patient follow-up care by providing necessary information, referrals and paperwork.
- May schedule diagnostic testing/surgical procedures and obtains authorization from insurance companies as required.
- Provides support in the practice laboratory as needed.
- Provides telephone, reception, records maintenance and scheduling support to the business/clerical areas of the practice based on departmental requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant Associate degree program OR Certified by one of the following nationally recognized program required within 9 months of hire:
- American Association of Medical Assisting (AAMA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- American Medical Technologist (AMT)
- BLS (required within 6 months)
- Proficiency in a suite of Microsoft Office applications and multiple computer applications
- Ability to work independently, effective time management and problem solving skills, able to manage multiple priorities
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Confident and effective oral and written communication skills
- Competitive Benefit package including Health, Dental, and Disability options
- Generous earned time program
- Retirement plans with employer match
For a complete list of openings and to apply please visit www.mainegeneral.org/careers
Have questions? Contact our recruitment team at