MaineGeneral Health is offering an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team as a Clinical Documentation Specialist. This position collaborates with medical staff to ensure the accuracy & integrity of medical documentation.
· Conducts concurrent and retrospective medical record reviews to ensure accurate and specific documentation of diagnoses and procedures.
· Identifies error and issues related to coding and documentation.
· Collaborates with the coding staff to ensure that the medical record has the necessary documentation to support accurate coding.
· Collaborates with interdisciplinary teams to assist with problem resolution, appropriate reimbursement and systems/performance measures.
· Provides consultation and education to organizational departments and committees to ensure regulatory compliance and optimum reimbursement.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Maine state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) preferred.
· Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) through Association for Clinical Document Improvement Specialists (ACDIS) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) through American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) preferred
· Excellent customer service skills
· Proficiency in a suite of Microsoft Office applications
· Billing/coding experience helpful, medical terminology preferred
· Ability to work collaboratively with Providers
· Competitive Benefit package including Health, Dental, and Disability options
· Generous earned time program
· Retirement plans with employer match