Are you looking for work with more of an impact? Better benefits? More collaboration? You may be the person we are looking for.
ORGANIZATION SUMMARY: The Maine Municipal Bond Bank (MMBB or Bond Bank) provides low-cost loans to Maine’s cities, towns, counties, and water and sewer systems. The Bond Bank also lends to various departments of state government for infrastructure projects. Maine PowerOptions, the Maine Governmental Facilities Authority and the Maine Health and Higher Educational Facilities Authority are managed by the Bond Bank. Maine PowerOptions (MPO) serves as an aggregator for energy supply and services for its members, who are the public-serving and non-profit organizations of Maine.
This position is supervised by the MPO Program Officer, in conjunction with the MMBB Executive Director. Day-to-day operations of the MPO Program Assistant/Receptionist will ensure that all program logistics are handled efficiently, and program deadlines are met. Work requires familiarity with the organizational and operating practices of the Bond Bank and the ability to explain the general practices and requirements of the MPO program and the Bond Bank to the general public.
ESSENTIAL PROGRAM ASSISTANT FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in the development of, organization and maintaining all records, documents and databases related to program activities; and generating reports, as directed.
- Input and maintain all contracts in the MPO database.
- Work in utilities’ websites to gather account information for new electricity accounts.
- Maintain all member and supplier contacts.
- Assist with annual fuels auction process.
- Gather activity data for reports to the governing boards of the Bond Bank and MHHEFA.
- Perform savings analyses for members upon request.
- Assist with outreach to potential members through mailings, webinars, and meetings, and distribution of information and materials.
- Proofread correspondence, memos, reports, and other documents.
- Provide assistance to other areas of the Bond Bank and its clients, as requested.
- Perform other related duties as required or as assigned by the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL RECEPTIONIST FUNCTIONS:
- Answer, screen and correctly direct telephone calls within the Bond Bank. Explain functions of the Bond Bank and its clients and answer basic questions from the general public and others.
- Greet visitors/vendors and direct to appropriate personnel or conference room areas.
- Track staff attendance and inform colleagues via email daily.
- Receive, sort, log, and direct incoming mail.
- Responsible for outgoing mail, and prepare materials for overnight and priority delivery, as requested.
- Perform any data or clerical work for others, as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Regularly uses computer keyboard requiring eye-hand and finger dexterity.
- Work is performed in a normal office environment
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Duties require knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, software and equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; to establish positive public relations for the Bond Bank and MPO members, and to interact effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft applications and use of other office equipment and software.
- Ability to always maintain confidentiality of personnel information.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks with changing priorities, ability to be flexible and work independently to meet deadlines.
- Planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to form strong coalitions with internal and external constituencies.
- Ability to recognize departmental priorities and work cooperatively to support their accomplishment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years related experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferable but education may be offset by experience.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
SALARY RANGE: Salary starting at $47,000; 37.5hours per week; excellent benefit package
Submit your cover letter and resume via email to
**If the cover letter is missing, your resume will not be reviewed**
We look forward to hearing from you!
Mindful Employer Benchmarks
The Bond Bank strives to be a Mindful Employer , believing that purposeful work and human-first practices result in higher impact and greater good for the world. This designation is based on the alignment of all our staff with the following statements:
- The mission of our company is meaningful to me.
- I know how my work supports our greater purpose and mission.
- I am valued for being my authentic self and for my unique abilities at work.
- My growth and development are supported by my immediate manager
- We are practicing Mindful Communication when listening and speaking at work.
- This is a place where I can speak honestly and ask thoughtful questions.
- My work/life balance and well-being are respected and encouraged.
- If things aren’t going well for me personally, there is someone or resources to support me.
- I would recommend working here to a friend.
To find out more about the Maine Municipal Bond Bank, please visit our website: www.mmbb.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.