Randolph, about 2 square miles in size, is about 6 miles south of Augusta and about 20 miles north of the coastal town of Wiscasset. A town of just under 2,000 residents, Randolph lies along the bank of the Kennebec River just across from the City of Gardiner.
Randolph was incorporated in 1887. The town historically was a thriving river community specializing in boats, lumber, ice and a terminal for a narrow gauge railroad to Togus Veterans Home in Chelsea.
Being the smallest town in Maine (by area), it has a small town atmosphere with the proximity to all services and schools.