Pittston is a town along the eastern shore of the Kennebec River in Kennebec County, Maine, United States. The population was 2,666 in the 2010 US Census and 2,548 in 2000. The town was named for the family of John Pitt, who were early settlers. The town was incorporated in 1779.
The town has a total area of 33.44 square miles, of which, 32.17 square miles of it is land and 1.27 square miles is water.
The historic Major Reuben Colburn House (a state historic site) and the Pittston Congregational Church are located in Pittston.text