The Kennebec Valley Chamber events are fully supported by our member sponsors. If you are interested in being a major sponsor for an event, please click below and review our opportunities. We are extremely grateful for the continued support we receive from this community.
1. The Kenney Awards: The Kennebec Valley Chamber of Commerce is proud to present The Kenney Awards! The Kenney, named for the region we hail from, will be awarded annually to area businesses and professionals that are deserving of our attention and recognition. The event of the year brings together 900+ business leaders, notable politicians, and distinguished guests to the Augusta Civic Center to highlight and celebrate the success in the Kennebec Valley. This event is a great way to support businesses in the Kennebec Valley. Sponsor benefits are numerous in print, online, and live.
2. Whatever Family Festival: Now over 40 years old, Whatever is a two-week-long Free Family Fun Festival, from mid-June through July Fourth, featuring the Kennebec River Day festivities with some 60 to 80 free events and activities and the Kennebec River Brewfest with local Maine breweries. This is the Chamber’s largest fundraising activity during the year. Incidentally, Whatever started in 1978 with a crazy Kennebec River craft race from Augusta to Gardiner to celebrate the recovery of the river and the vibrant communities surrounding it. In the 1990’s, the Chamber converted it to a “greener and cleaner" (and safer) celebration with emphasis on free activities and entertainment for kids. Whatever is a special gift to the community by the businesses and organizations of the Chamber.
3. Kennebec Leadership Institute Golf Tournament: The KV Chamber’s annual Golf Tournament in early July at the August Country Club is designed to assist in the operation of the Kennebec Leadership Institute and raise money to grant scholarships to students for the course.. This is a popular networking/social event including a banquet and prizes. This event is a great way to support the education of future business leaders.
4. Business EXPO: This exciting and highly successful annual business and organization networking event is held each October at the Augusta Civic Center. Over 100 businesses and organizations exhibit their products and services for a networking-exhibition event open to members and the public. This event is a great way to support business in the Kennebec Valley.
5. Chamber Connection: Named for connecting you with different organizations and speakers, will cover topics ranging from education to development to politics and business resources. Speakers with expertise in these areas will present thought provoking ideas leaving you with motivation and new knowledge. The goal of Chamber Connections is to keep our members and the people of the Kennebec Valley up to date and provide information on how to make their businesses successful. Chamber Connection is a quarterly breakfast.
6. Women’s Business Network: This KV Chamber event is a very popular luncheon program held monthly, with the exception of July and August. Always featuring a successful female professional with a great inspirational story to tell, the network is open to both women and men of the Chamber. The event begins at 11:30, includes lunch and a speaker at noon, and adjourns at 1 pm.
7. Business-After-Hours: These monthly free receptions are hosted by a Chamber member in conjunction with the Chamber. These business networking events run from 5 to 7 pm at the host’s location often with 100 to 200 guests. The event includes a welcome from the Chamber, brief remarks from the host, hors d'oeurves and a cash bar, and prize drawings with a local radio personality.
8. CYNERGY – Young Professionals: The Chamber’s Young Professional organization fosters professional development, social opportunities and community involvement for individuals aged 21 to 40. This network of younger professionals provides opportunities for them to learn their community better, to make long term commitments to support the community and its economy and to attract other young people to the area.
9. Kennebec Leadership Institute: This is a four-month-long intensive leadership training pro-gram for individuals of all ages who want to increase their leadership skills to grow in their business in their volunteer organizations and in many cases in elected offices. KLI has been successfully operated by the Chamber in conjunction with the University of Maine at Augusta for 29 years. Graduates receive CEU’s from UMA and may receive formal credits if desired. The program has graduated more than 400 students since inception.
10. Business Insider Newsletter: This monthly KV Chamber publication is the principal communication product to members, carrying news of businesses, upcoming Chamber events, and helpful information. The Business Insider Newsletter is sent digitally to all members, is available in print at the Chamber office, and is also published on the Chamber's website.
11. Small Business Resource Team: The Chamber offers free workshops and seminars to members and the community on topics that focus on small business. These workshops and seminars help to promote business growth in the Kennebec Valley.
12. Member Appreciation Day: This is a special day held in April when some 70 to 80 Chamber volunteers meet for a breakfast meeting at the Civic Center. After a short training session the volunteers gather 600+ gift bags and address cards and spend the next few hours visiting most of our members in the region. They deliver the gift bags, offer a "thank you" for Membership, and complete a short survey form to provide valuable Member feedback.